Monday, August 1, 2011

My wishlist

I wish to scale a mountain, the highest I may find,
I wish all to be nice to living beings their kind.
I wish that my bro becomes whatever he's good at,
Whether its football, ruling a country, going out to bat.
I wish I had an elder bro, which cannot come true
So all I can now say, my cousin bros will do.
I wish to eat tons of कढ़ी, as much as I can eat,
If this one comes true, I'll give you a कढ़ी treat.
I wish there were no homework, so I'll be so very free,
Then maybe I'd find time for my wish to climb a tree.
I wish my cousin Adi would stop troubling her mum,
And when she grows up and matures becomes my best chum.
I wish I had powers, like ones I have in my book,
And most of all that is just the way I want to look.
I wish I were a demigod and had a lethal sword,
(If you don't get lethal, go check Oxford).
I wish I had more time, to make this poem long,
But my teacher is calling for the practice of my song.

2 comments:

  1. Good gracious..! that oxford line was really awesome....stupendo..wonderous...All thru the poem..i was giggling as usual..but this one's the best..curry line was great!

    ReplyDelete